Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Do not order from overstock.com

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner jordygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2005
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    its a nightmare..3 weeks and no delivery and no refund.Busy signal when calling customer service .Also i e mailed them and keep getting told they will contact me in 2 days ..Just got another e-mail that now says 4 days..BEWARE !!
    Just wanted to warn fellow members here

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You name adds to the list of Hostboard members who have had overstock horror stories. Me and another hostboard member got each others' orders by mistake. Now I use amazon.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Those of you who have had troubles might want to add your experience to the http://www.epinions.com/ website. That is one I check a lot. It's a website that lets its members (membership is free) write ratings and grade businesses.

    At this time, Overstock has a very good rating there, so it would probably help people thinking about buying from them to read your reviews!

    (What is most telling is if you access the reviews there and sort them by date, people who have ordered recently are consistently having very bad experiences.)

    What really bothered me was seeing all the comments in response by Overstock.com posted to the website. I've never seen a company respond to customer complaints on epinions.com before! It makes them appear as if they are trying to publically cover their mistakes. It sounds like they need to get off the e-mail surfing and start answering the phones.

    Here are a couple of articles on Overstock's recent customer service problems:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10..._byrne_feeble/
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11...k_phones_down/

    I feel your pain since I have had bad experiences with companies. I'm sorry you have had so much trouble.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 04, 2005 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for this info. I had thought about ordering the mini dolls from them. I just didn't have time yet.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sorry I wrote so much above...I hope the articles didn't get lost in my long post. [img]wink.gif[/img] They talk about why Overstock is having so many problems right now. Basically, they tried to upgrade technology-wise and that's what caused all the troubles and customers everywhere are having loads of problems. The articles are really interesting to read.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am so mad about this. Overstock has always been one of my favorite places to shop, but they will really have to clear up their act before I start shopping there again.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    People say they get good deals there,but they also get horror stories!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AG Dress Designer-

    The mini dolls are what me and another hostboard member ordered. We both ordered Felicity and Elizabeth. Our order tickets on the inside of the box was for the other person's doll, even though the address on the outside of the box was correct. We each received the one doll, and never even got the other with no luck in even getting a refund for the doll we didn't get. Their CS has been very poor.

    I highly suggest you order the mini dolls from amazon instead.

    Katie

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner jordygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2005
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    just a follow up .I finally got my order 3 weeks late..Half came on friday and the other half today..If you want something for Christmas I would order now ..LOL (or not at all)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •